Friday, January 06, 2012

Friday Loose Bloggers Consortium: Birds of the Air

I find it interesting that today's topic, "Birds of the air", comes to us from "Magpie". :) I have included a lot of links in this post, so I hope you will check them out.

I love birds, although I've never owned one as a pet. My neighbor raises canaries, and I have often "chick-sat" for her when there were babies in the nests. This involved giving them special food, which included egg, and fresh vegetables and fruit. I always loved giving them these special treats, and felt the mothers, in particular, really deserved them.

One year I had baby morning doves nesting on my front porch. They were so cute! Morning dove babies are very quiet in the nest and never make a sound. But they would sit at the edge of the nest looking curiously down at us when we came out the front door. Once we got our cat, the doves wisely quit nesting there.

Some years ago I went to a national park, and browsed around in their gift shop. I bought a coloring book of wild birds. I decided that I would only color in the birds that I saw in person. The coloring book kind of went by the wayside, but I have been privileged to see many birds over the years. Living near the coast, I have been able to see many beautiful coastal birds. This post shows some of my photos of birds I have seen. I love to take pictures of them! Oh, and how about this fellow! And one last look at what I've been looking at. :)

For amusement sake, click here to read a post that my children posted in my behalf on my photo blog. :S

I hope you have enjoyed the birds from my neck of the woods. If you would like to read what the other consortium members have to say about birds, please follow their links.

2 comments:

Grannymar said...

That is some collection of birds. Not many of them in my corner of the world.

Anonymous said...

Good bird pics - and I don't mean the ones in that guest post by your children.