Thursday, February 24, 2011

Burnout Get Away

My husband and I were feeling a little bit of burn out lately. We talked about how so many people we know take off for the weekend, but we never do. We saw that he had a 4 day weekend coming up, so we decided to take advantage of it, and take our kids on a little get away. We decided to go to San Luis Obispo. Don't ask me why we chose that location, because I'm still not really sure. lol It's about a 4 hour drive from here. I have to say that the scenery on that drive was worth the trip! It was so green it was amazing! Here are a few "greenery" pictures:















































































We stopped in a town about an hour from SLO to stay the night. The next morning we went to tour Hearst Castle. It was raining and hailing on us during the tour! Here is a picture that was "green screened" for us. You can tell how excited my youngest was to be taking the tour. lol




















Here are a few pictures of the seascapes that we saw, including some of the storm! You can barely make out the sea in the background of some of these.







































It sure was good to get away. I do feel a little less burned out now! :)

6 comments:

Nene said...

How nice to be able to get away, even if just overnight! Unfortunately my trip to take care of my mother in law left me feeling more burned out. I need a weekend away!

Becky said...

My parents went to Hearst Castle several times while I was going up to "get away" from it all. They really enjoyed that. Maybe one of these days, we'll get back to California and tour it ourselves. Glad you had a great trip!

Inklings said...

We've been feeling the same way - maybe we need to take a little getaway, too. :0)

Amber said...

man your son is sure growing up!! pretty place, i'm glad you were all able to get away :)

Looney said...

Looks like you made it to Hogwarts!

Delirious said...

Ha ha, yes Looney! I actually thought the same thing when we went in the dining room. I didn't post pictures because they said something about how you have to sign some paper to get permission to publish pictures. Does a blog count as publishing?