Monday, February 21, 2011

Seasonal Balding

Yup, you heard it right. Seasonal...something or other...alopecia, or "seasonal balding". That's Sally's diagnosis. lol The thyroid tests came back normal, so the doctor (who is the Bishop of the other ward here) did some research and found that this condition affects certain breeds, including some airedale terriers like Sally. The description he read to me fits her exactly. The nicest thing is that the treatment is cheap and easy. I just had to go to Walmart and buy some melatonin to give her. I asked him if it could be caused from the lack of sun light in the winter, and he said he wasn't sure, but it seemed like it was related. She spends much more time in the house in the winter. Weird, huh? I'm so glad it's not her thyroid! I think I need to make a doggy coat for her. lol

No comments: