Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween Costume?

My 11 year old has decided that for Halloween, he wants to dress up like Santa Claus. At one point he wanted to buy a mask and be an evil Santa, but I think I talked him out of that. So now I'm in the process of making him a Santa suit. I got a new sewing machine for my birthday, but this is the first chance I've had to try it out. I kind of estimated how much fabric I needed, and it looks like I'll have a little extra. My son was very pleased when I told him I thought I had enough material to make a "Santa's toy sack" for him to use to collect candy on Halloween. I'm really not the best seamstress, despite taking sewing classes in Junior High and College, so this is going to be a slow project. I'll try to post some pictures when it's done. :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

I'm excited to see pictures. I'm certainly not a great seamstress but I'm always interested in how people's projects turn out.