I was telling Looney on his blog that we learned some things about Oregon while we were there.
1. We don't want to live there.
2. We like Washington better than Oregon.
3. California has everything Oregon has, only better.
Having said that, we did have a good time, and it was interesting to see. But I think the only reason we would go back to Oregon is to see the one thing we didn't have time to see; Crater lake. We spent the bulk of our time on the coast. The driving on the coast is so slow that it takes forever to get anywhere. Once we got inland and were able to go on I-5, we could move much faster. We should have started on I-5 and gone to Crater Lake first.
Here are some things we did on our trip:
1. Rode the jetboats on the Rogue river
2. Visited "The Devil's punchbowl" and played at the beach in the tidepools.
3. Went to the kite festival in Longbeach, Washington
4. Rode bikes in Astoria, Oregon.
5. Went on a tour of the Tillamook cheese factory.
6. Went to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)
7. Saw the IMAX movie: Adrenalyn Rush (I got serious motion sickness!)
8. Took a tour of the submarine "The Blueback".
9. Visited my husband's old college roommate
10. Ate. A lot. Every day....
11. We saw more hitchhikers than I've collectively seen in my entire life.
12. We learned that in Oregon you can't pump your own gas, so we got to sit in our car while an attendant pumped it for us. :)
The bad thing about our trip was that in order to go everywhere we wanted to go, we had to drive a lot. Our kids weren't happy about that. We did see some beautiful coast, despite the fog. Overall it was a good vacation, but we sure are tired.