Monday, December 25, 2006

Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine

My mother always used the saying, "Don't cast your pearls before swine". I heard this saying much of my life, and to me it always had a variety of usages. But bottom line, it meant to me that I should never abuse something that was sacred or special.

I posted once before about intimacy. I didn't post about physical intimacy, but about emotional intimacy. I never really have wanted to post about physical intimacy. It isn't because I'm embarassed to talk about it. In fact, I feel very comfortable with the subject. But to me it has always felt like it cheapens it to talk about it in a casual or degrading way. When people joke about it, it feels like they are taking something precious, like a pearl, and casting it in to the mire with the pigs. Others can do with it what they want, but as for me, it will remain a treasure.

No comments: