Sunday, December 17, 2006

Imposter?

Tonight our choir practiced the music we will sing at Church on Christmas eve day. We are singing some really nice numbers, not all of which are typical Christmas numbers. While we were practicing, a man came in to the chapel and sat on the very back row and listened. I later learned he was there for an appointment, but was listening to us while he waited. The thing that sent shivers down everyone's spine was that this guy looked exactly like what we all think of as what Jesus Christ would look like. I actually wondered if he was an actor that portrays Him in a play or something. He was so much like what we would expect, that everyone kept staring at him as we sang. I talked to several choir members afterward, and everyone...not just me....noticed him and how much he looked the part. This guy was wearing gray sweats. The overly imaginative side of my brain wondered if He would come in sweats as a disguise. :0) It was an eerie feeling to be singing songs to someone who looked so much the part. I'm not sure if the Savior will be listening in next Sunday, but I like to remember the scripture that says, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these, my brethren, ye have done it un to me.". The Savior may not be listening in next week, but we sang to one of his "brethren" tonight, and I think that works too.

No comments: