Saturday, February 26, 2011

SKUNKED

The other night my husband and I were sitting in bed watching television when we smelled a funny smell. It smelled to me like an electrical fire. We both had some of those electric heated throws, so we quickly unplugged them. But the smell persisted. There was also a faint smell of skunk in the air, so I went outside to see if I could smell it more. Weirdly, the skunk smell was stronger in our house than it was outside. I went back in and sat on the bed. The cat came up and laid on my stomach, and I started petting him. I was talking on the phone, and in the process I brought my hand to my face, and I could smell that same "electrical fire" smell. I wondered if someone had sprayed my cat with one of those animal deterrent sprays. After a couple of times going up and down stairs for different things, I finally realized my cat had been sprayed by a skunk! But why didn't the smell bother me? I don't think he was sprayed full on, because the smell wasn't that strong. I think he was sprayed in the face because his eyes were swollen. The next morning I went and bought some of that skunk shampoo and washed him down. He smells a little better, but I can still smell a faint smell of skunk. Why didn't the smell bother me? I sure hope my whole family doesn't smell like skunk now!

5 comments:

Amber said...

aw poor kitty! hopefully your house doesn't smell like that anymore either!

Stick said...

Your senses get dulled with OLD AGE!

Dee Ice Hole said...

I hope you hqaven't lost your smeller. Can't smell skunk would be very, very bade.

Inklings said...

I just read this morning that hydrogen peroxide will take out skunk smell. :0) I am hoping I never have to test it.

Nene said...

I hate that smell! I was sleeping in Aunt R's basement when a skunk sprayed into the broken window I was sleeping under.. :0P