Monday, September 27, 2010

Beeautiful

So I looked at stores around here and found nothing with bees. I found plenty of butterflies and dragon flies, lizards and frogs, but no bees. I decided I needed to shop online. I had been looking at Etsy, but I'm too cheap to spend as much money as they wanted. But I did find a couple of things there that I ordered that were inexpensive. I'm going the cheap route. lol I first came across this necklace that I really love. There are several versions of this; a bee and a gem. So I decided to make my own. I ordered an inexpensive been charm (below), and I can buy the gem part at Michaels and save myself about $20.


































Then I also ordered this necklace. Mainly I want to see how they made it so I can make more of my own. This is made from a Scrabble tile. I love all of the scrabble tile necklaces I've seen. I'm excited for this to get here.

3 comments:

Nene said...

I really like both of them! Dang, I should have bought that Scrabble game I saw at a garage sale!

Amber said...

we did the scrabble tile necklaces at one of our craft saturdays it is super easy, you just glue your picture on the piece, sand the edges so it's all smooth and then apply your shellack and let it dry, you want to make a big dollop sort of in the middle so it spreads correctly, then you just super glue the hook to the back and you're done.

Max Coutinho said...

Hey D,

I preferred the one you made over the one you bought - much more beautiful!

What is the name of the gem you used?

Cheers