Saturday, April 10, 2010

An Eye For Art

Some years ago my step-mother in law decided to decorate her house in a "Santa Fe" theme. She began to frequent thrift stores and found all kinds of knick knacks and paintings that created the mood she wanted. One thing she created that I really enjoyed was a wall of art. She picked up all kinds of art from thrift stores, and filled an entire wall with these second hand prints and paintings. But there was one painting in particular that I always admired. Many times over the years, I have told my inlaws that this painting was my favorite. There was just something about it that was special. The other art was okay, but this one was really beautiful to me. Recently my step mother in law decided to take it in to have it appraised. It is currently being offered for sale through Clar's gallery for an asking price of between $400 and $600 dollars.
Hmm...maybe I should go looking for more art at thrift stores. Maybe I have the "eye". :)

Here is the painting that is up for sale.


1 comment:

Nene said...

I really like that too!