Thursday, December 17, 2009

Remodel Addiction

The past 6-8 months we have had some remodelling done around our house. We had a cement patio poured in back, as well as a section of fence replaced. We had our master bathroom remodeled (basically the shower was a hole in the wall until we had it fixed). We had our carpeted stairs replaced with wood. Yesterday and today we had some lighting put in our family room and master bedroom. The guy who has been doing the work is a member of the spanish congregation of our church, and gave us a really good price for the work, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to do all of this.

So yesterday he came for the final project. He and my husband were talking in the family room when my husband came up with an idea to extend our pantry in to the family room and make a larger pantry. While I do like the idea of having a larger pantry, I think this remodeling is becoming an addiction for my husband! We have to stop somewhere. We have 1, possibly two children going on missions, and need to support them. We can't keep fixing our house. I have to admit that it is really nice to have it done cheaply, and at our own pace. It can be a little addicting. But I think I have my husband convinced that we will put that project off.....for now.....

4 comments:

Nene said...

Ahh- he has the HGTV Bug! Yes, my husband and I had that too and still do. It is quite addicting! But fun! :0) We'll talk about something and then my husband will say, "Ok, that will be project 29".
:0)

Fromagette said...

Sounds like my parents! Oh, to actually have a house so that I could be addicted too!

Amber said...

that is pretty sweet though to not only get it done cheaply, but by someone you know that will be fair, and do a good job, plus the good feeling knowing that you're also helping him out by giving him work! :)

Mr. Giggles said...

I just wish my house was worth remodeling...