Sunday, December 06, 2009

Creche Exhibit













This week the church is holding the annual creche exhibit in Palo Alto. This is one of my favorite things to do at Christmas time. But Palo Alto is quite a drive for me, and I don't think I have time to go there before the exhibit finishes on Wednesday.

Some years ago we decided to do one in our own Ward as part of our Christmas party. I was Relief Society president then, and I suggested it because I really love to see them. It was set up in a separate room from the party, and each creche was displayed with fabric sculpted around it, and with lighting. Christmas music was playing in the back ground softly, and the lights were turned down low. I really felt that when I walked in that room, I was standing on holy ground.

If you have a chance to go to a creche exhibit this season, I hope you will take the opportunity. If not, I hope you at least have a nativity you can display in your own home. This really is the best way I have found to keep the "Christ" in Christmas. For those living in the bay area, here is a link for the Palo Alto exhibit.

No comments: