Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Blooper

I committed the cardinal "Harry Potter Sin". I went to my dentist to get a check up, and he came in and was talking to me. The hygenist said, "She is tired because she went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter last night." He said, "Was it good?" I told him I really liked it. I jokingly said, "Dumbledore dies." He said, "He does?" I said, "Have you read the books?" He said, "No, I haven't read the books, I just wait until the movie comes out." In a sing song voice I said, "Just joking!" The hygenist and I eyed each other and laughed. Then I said, "When my daughter was first reading the books, she read them before me. After reading each book she would come to me and say, "Harry dies." My dentist said, "And he never does, right?" I said, "No, he doesn't." I tried to diffuse the blooper I had made, but I hope he isn't mad at me when he goes to the movie and finds out the real truth about how it ends!

1 comment:

Nene said...

I did a much worse thing - when HP6 came out I was talking to the kids in Seminary one day before it started. I had found a website called dumbledoreisnotdead.com and without thinking, I told the kids that after they read the book they should go to this website and then I told them the name of the website, stupidly not realizing that I was giving away the end of the book. One of the girls looked up shocked and said, "Sister Cooley, some people haven't read the book!" Then another boy looked up and said, "Dumbledore dies?" I felt SO bad and SO stupid. I appologized profusely, but I thought to myself, "How dumb can I be?" Pretty dumb....