Thursday, June 04, 2009

Tian An Men Massacre

I titled this post purposefully because I want it remembered that what happened in Tian An Men square was a massacre of students by the government. A friend of ours was one of the student organizers. Today he sent us an email asking us to take a moment and remember what happened in Tian An Men. He sent us a news link of an interview he did today. His name is Arthur Liu. I want to share it with you, and I hope that you will do as he asked, and watch it and take a moment to think about what happened that day. Be assured that the country of China is NOT remembering what happened that day. They want the world to forget. We must not forget.

Click here to watch the video. The start button for the video is in small print beneath the picture. If you are unable to watch the video, the text is written below the video.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I read a book about this in 7th or 8th grade, it really made a huge impact on me.