Friday, March 20, 2009

Random Memories



















I was talking to my soon to be 11 year old today and had a memory of watching wrestling as a child. How many of you remember Gorgeous George? What I remember most is that when I used to watch him, he wore his mother's bathrobe as a tribute to her. He was sort of the Liberace of wrestling. I remember that I felt he almost deserved it when his beautifully curled hair would get messed up in a match. I don't know if he was going for the "gay" theme as much as the "theatrical".




















Another memory I had was of Colonel Sanders. This is a true story I'm about to tell you. My father has never been the kind of person to lie, and never told tall tales that I can remember. My mother was the tall tale teller in our family. My Dad was a sales supervisor for many stores in Kentucky when I was a teenager. He traveled all over the state on a weekly basis. He told me that one time he went in to, I think it was a Taco Bell, and there sat Colonel Sanders. My dad looked curiously at him, so Colonel Sander spoke up and said, "You can't eat chicken all the time."

2 comments:

Inklings said...

And at our KFC there's a Taco Bell, too, so you can even order both at the same time.

Ramana Rajgopaul said...

I believe your Dad.

I was a traveling salesperson too and had a similar experience. I walked into a newly opened bar in a town and saw the owner of my favorite bar sitting at the bar and having a drink. He looked at me and sheepishly said "Checking out the competition!"