Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April Fool's Day

Tomorrow is April Fool's Day, and I only have one april fool's prank in mind so far. I really would like to think of something to do for my family, and my father in law, and possibly my seminary class. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Here is what I plan to do tomorrow. For several years now I have been attending the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers meetings. I have over 20 ancestors on my mother's side alone who were Utah pioneers. My father's side has many also. But up to now I haven't actually joined the society. I have wanted to join, but the application form is quite detailed, and I didn't have all of the information I needed. My mother sent me a packet of information, but when I looked at it, I got overwhelmed and put it aside for a couple more years.

The Camp president has been nagging me all of this time to get my papers in. They had a big push in January, and really nagged me to put my papers in then, but between seminary and other obilgations, I didn't have the time to think about it. Sometimes last year, I signed up to teach one of the lessons. The camp president told me that my turn to teach is in April. She gave me the lesson book, but told me that they had talked about it, and realized that according to the rules, I need to be a member to teach. I suggested that maybe she should have someone else teach. But she said she wants me to teach, and asked me to get my papers in before our next meeting.

I have decided that because they have been nagging me so much, I'm going to take advantage of April Fool's Day to get a little pay back. I'm going to fill out my papers completely. Then I'm going to go to her house and tell her that she should probably take the lesson materials back and have someone else teach because I'm not a member yet. This would give another person about a week to prepare the lesson that normally we have a month to use prepare. Just when she starts to sweat, I'm going to hand her my membership papers and say "April Fools!".

I know....picking on the elderly.... hee hee hee...

6 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

Martha Stewart Living had some cute ideas in their April magazine. One of them was to turn the jug of milk into gelatin, so you couldn't pour it out. :) Another one was to get quail eggs and cook them for breakfast for your family. You should go to www.marthastewart.com and search "April Fools' jokes" I'm sure she has plenty of ideas on there. :)

Axlle said...

well, I've been part of a few pranks. Most of which you probaly want to do. And none of which were in april. Generally, we went for the car, shrink wrap, dislocate the battery, steal a couple of tires. All though, the shrink wrap might work for you. You could get the kids involved, get two or three rolls of plastic wrap, and do up the husbands car real nice. Most of the other ideas are a little to mean I think.

Axlle said...

Oops, forgot a word, theres a don't after that first probaly.

Nene said...

I wish I could remember the April Fool's joke we pulled on our Seminary class the last year I taught. It was so perfect and they fell hard for it, which made it so great when we said April Fool's right before we started the lesson! We had to say it then, because we had so many kids that had to leave early for school government meetings. I know it had something to do with a bunch of rules they had just passed about Seminary, but just can't remember what. Alzheimers has set in....:0+

Inklings said...

My best April Fool's joke was telling Dee Ice I was pregnant again after going to my six week check-up after Lightning Stikes was born. I had to say "April Fool's" REALLY fast after telling him that, though. :0)

You should have told your seminary class there was a new dress code - Sunday dress only.

Ramana Rajgopaul said...

Mean, very mean. Happy fools day though.