Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Not as Stupid as I Look

I decided to take an online I.Q. test that I found. I realized quite quickly that it wasn't a very good test. It was testing knowledge of things rather than actual my ability to reason. For example, it listed some different foods and asked which ones were not a fruit. Well, unless a person had been taught that a tomato is a fruit, how would they be able to deduce that? So I knew right off that this test wasn't really a good indicator of I.Q. I actually think the most crucial question came at the end of the test. In order to get the test results, it asked for me to put my phone number in to some boxes. Well, I might look like I have low I.Q., but I'm not that stupid, I have enough tele-marketers calling without having to add one more to the list. Needless to say, I didn't give them my number, and I didn't get the results of my test. But I still think that if I had given them my phone number, a little message would have sprung up saying, "Wow, are you stupid!".

2 comments:

deputymomof6 said...

LOL, I took the exact same test, and stopped at the phone number part. I don't want telemarketers calling my cell phone. It was ridiculous, and the test was no indicator of intelligence. :)

JJJ said...

Thats when you use someones phone number you don't like. You know the mother-in-law, that uptight sister-in-law, and so on.