Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Happy Birthday P
In honor of my husband's 47 birthday,I thought I would write some things about him. I thought I would write 47, but because of time constraints, I'm keeping it shorter.
1. He is a Mechanical Engineer, with his P.E. license
2. He attended Brigham Young University
3. He started working towards a masters, but left the program to take his first job
4. He plays the trombone
5. He grew up in the Bay area
6. He loves riding motorcycles
7. He loves reading, especially non-fiction/ biographies
8. He collects postage stamps, especially stamps of Asia
9. He was a member of the Sea Scouts when he was a teenager (branch of BSA)
10. He has a nice singing voice
11. He worked painting houses when he was single
12. He also worked in a pizza parlor, and mexican restaurant
13. He has always had a fascination with China, and took Chinese in college before his mission.
14. He served as a missionary in the Taiwan, Gao Hsiung mission
15. He was in the gifted and talented program as a child, and was able to take part in many extra-curricular activities such as going on boats to collect water samples in the Bay.
16. He has an innate gift for sculpture which he has never developed. (some day...)
17. He is very intelligent and has great capacity for remembering what he has learned
18. He particularly enjoys learning about World War II, and has read many, many books on the subject. When we watch old movies, he knows all about the battles they portray in the movie.
19. He has a gift for "accents", and has developed very good Chinese language skills.
20. He is very humble and giving, and will give the shirt off his back if someone needs it.
21. He is an excellent cook, and likes cooking international cuisine.
22. He enjoys fishing, camping, and hiking.
23. He serves as a Merit Badge Councilor for the Boy Scouts of America.
24. He is the first councillor to the Bishop in our Ward.
25. He has a talent for reading out loud, and everyone likes to listen to him read. He is very dramatic :)
26. He is a very good swimmer. I never understood how it could be so easy for a person. It's like it's effortless for him.
27. He has been married 21 years, and has 4 children.
28. He started up an office for his company in Beijing, China. That office is still running and is profitable some 13 years later.
Happy Birthday P!