Monday, September 08, 2008

I'm a Weird Mom

My son has a friend whose mother is a nurse that works with teens to teach the dangers of drugs and alcohol. She invited my son to come along on a trip to the county morgue to see an autopsy being performed. I know it might be weird, but I encouraged him to go. He has talked about going in to medicine, so I think this would be a great opportunity for him. If he doesn't faint, he might just learn something. :) I know it's a gross topic, but I also watched "mortician school" on television, and really learned alot. It helped me when I was asked to help dress a deceased member of our congregation. Death is part of life, just the part most people don't like to think about. I will be interested to see my son's reaction.

3 comments:

Nene said...

I thought I would be grossed out the first time I went to help dress a deceased person. I wasn't. In fact, it was really a spiritual experience. I've sinced help dress 2 more deceased women.

Max Coutinho said...

Hello D!

I don't think it is weird at all, nor gross!
Death is part of life, so might as well deal with it in any way we can...

I think that your son will enjoy the experience, at least if he really wishes to be a doctor...let us know :)!

Cheers

Amber said...

me too - you'll have to blog about it