Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Old Friends

I heard from two old friends today that I haven't heard from in months, and one even close to a year. It's such a coincidence that they both contacted me on the same day...or is it? As I talked to the one who called me second, I thought about how similar they are as people. They have very similar back grounds. They speak in kind of the same way. Do I just choose people for friends who are similar? Do you do that? I had to laugh when the one friend said "I miss being able to talk to my intelligent friends". I never thought of myself as particularly intlelligent. lol But we did have a great conversation. I feel like it was such a blessing to be able to talk with both today. I feel really blessed to know them. You know how you meet some people in your life who are just great, but you don't meet that kind of person every day. I just feel lucky that I get to share a bit of this mortality with them.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

One of my friends moved about a month ago. I haven't talked to her since she left, so I sent her an email last night. It turned out to be a timely email b/c she said she was just thinking about me that day, and that of all the people she left behind, she missed me the most. That made me both incredibly happy and incredibly sad at the same time.