Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Losing It

I hopped in the shower this morning and was thinking about a question asked on my religion blog. I was deeply thinking about the best way to formulate my answer, and I even contemplated polling my Sunday school class because I thought it might be a good teaching moment for them as well. My psychologist nephew Psychodoctor said that as you age you lose cognitive flexibility. I am now the poster child for that term. I was scrubbing away and went to put some conditioner in my hair. I was thinking about my blog, and polling my class, and vaguely noticed that the conditioner was a different color than normal. I put it in my hair, vaguely noticing that it seemed more sudsy than usual. Then, as the next step in my routine, I reached for my scrubby and body wash. I started putting body wash on the scrubby when suddenly I realized I was holding the hair conditioner. I washed the conditioner off the scrubby and reached for the body wash. As I picked it up, I suddenly wondered what I had put in my hair. I realized that I had put body wash in my hair! I guess my hair will be extra clean today. The silliest part of this is that we just got back from a trip, and I unpacked my shower items, but didn't put them in the normal spots that I usually keep them. I inadvertantly swapped the conditioner spot with the body wash spot. I know I have a birthday coming up in about a month, but wow, I'm really losing it fast!

2 comments:

Max Coutinho said...

Hey D!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ok, that was funny!

It's interesting how distractive we can get when we are focused on an issue...what a dichotomy!

Have a pleasant week, dear!

Cheers

Looney said...

I think that the theory of loss of "cognitive flexibility" is all a conspiracy of the young to do in the old. Part of the "never trust anyone over 30 mindset!