Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween Fright

I got my Halloween fright early this year. When I was 14, I went to a church dance the night before our family was to move from Texas. There was a boy in church that had a huge crush on me. I guess I was his "first love". At the dance they had a set where you could have your picture taken with your date. I wasn't his date, but he begged me to take a picture with him. My memory is that he had to pay $5 for it. I didn't like him romantically, but I was nice to him, so had the picture taken, and even danced with him. In the picture you see us holding hands, but don't let that fool you, that was for the queen/king effect. lol

















Now flash forward. Before my husband and I met, he became best friends and roommates with this same guy. He remembers this guy telling him about me. They are still friends, and keep in touch. This week my husband sent an email asking how he is doing, and he sent this picture in reply. I think there should be a sign above our heads that says, "King and Queen of the Geeks" :)

3 comments:

~Kris said...

I think it's cute that he sent the picture!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic you!! -Nee

Oswegan said...

He's like a cross between Elvis and Peter Brady.

~Oswegan