Monday, August 13, 2007

Police Watch

So many times, in the middle of the night we have heard sounds and gotten up to find people lurking in our neighborhood. As I write this, it's almost 2:00 in the morning, and we are a little wired from this type of thing just happening.

My husband noticed a car go by our house, and it seemed they had a spotlight that they shined on our house. My husband got up and noticed a car parked in front of my neighbor's house. A guy got out and was walking down our street looking in each car. My husband quickly ran for the phone. I got up at this point too and went to the window and could see the man. Just then, the guy got back in his car and took off.

As he was driving away, a police car came driving down the street. My husband flagged them down from the window and told them about the car that had just driven away. The policeman took off in pursuit of them. Shortly after, I noticed another car driving by, so I got up and saw a polic car coming back. We began to hear yelling and more police cars driving up. Turns out they caught a man only a few houses away in a truck in the act of burglarizing it. Someone in a court down the hill from us had called the police, and they had been searching the neighborhood. As I write this, I can hear a helicopter with infrared detector flying over head looking for other people who might be hiding in bushes in the neighborhood.

What makes us, and I'm sure the police, very happy is that they actually caught the guy in the act. So many times before they have searched but been unable to find the perpetrators. One more point for our side!

1 comment:

Inklings said...

Since you were up anyway, did you at least look up into the sky to see if you could see the meteor shower? :0) Don't tell mom aobut this, she will begin "praying you out of there" like she prayed Goin' Bowling out of Dallas.