Saturday, April 07, 2007

Control

I keep thinking about subtle things people do to control others. I heard a psychiatrist on television once talk about how when a woman walks in the room and kisses everyone, that she is showing dominance. It made me think how people control in other ways.

Anger is one technique that many people use to control. Just like the head dog in the pack who barks or growls to keep his place as top dog, other people also "bark" or get angry to assert their control.

I think another way people control others is through criticism. By putting others down, it places themselves above them in the pecking order. It isn't a flagrant bark, but is still effective in pushing them down.

I have known some people who will demand that things be done their way. It wasn't even so much that their way was best, they just wanted to be right. And if the situation changed, they would change their way so that they could still be right.

I don't know if any of this makes sense. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, I also think some people are just miserable inside and misery loves company. Maybe they were treated the same way. I could never kiss everyone in a room. Heh

Unfortunately, this type of control works.. huh? But it goes back to if we give them consent or not is some cases.

You are perfect the way you are .... =)
HUGS!