Thursday, October 12, 2006

Treasures Lost, Then Found

While cleaning today I ran across something I had lost track of. When I was a student in college I took a drawing class. Shortly after, I met my husband. While we were still dating he had a birthday, and I had this matted and gave it to him for his birthday. I think at first he felt funny about accepting it, but I told him that I could always draw another. :) This doesn't look as good as it did 20 years ago. The paper has yellowed, the pencil lead has faded. Somehow I think that gives it more charm. I am reminded of a scripture in the New Testament: "Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost." Luke 15,: 8,9

1 comment:

Inklings said...

I didn't realize you are that good of an artist! You need to do more of that! I'm impressed.