Sunday, October 08, 2006

My List of Books

I have been an avid journal keeper for much of my life. I like to keep many kind of lists in my journals. I have kept pages of funny sayings of my children, lists of funny names I have heard, lists of names I like, lists of the community and church service I have given, and records of weird dreams my husband and I have had. One of the lists that I have kept at times in my life was a list of each book I read. I recorded the date when I finished reading it, the title, author, number of pages, and type of book. In particular I enjoy biographies and auto-biographies. I decided to list here SOME of the books from my list that I have read that I enjoyed. This list comes from a 2-3 year period of time, and is by no means a complete list. I just picked out some of the many that I read. I couldn't find my current journal to write some of the ones that I have read more recently. At times I haven't kept a good record, so I don't have a complete list of all the books I have read. However, here are just a FEW of the ones I read that were recorded in one of my journals.
--Lost Horizon by James Hilton
--My Left Foot by Christy Brown
--Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen
--Anatomy of an Illness by Norman Cousins
--Five Patients-The Hospital Explained by Michael Crichton
--In Contempt by Christopher Darden
--Leaves From My Journal by Wilford Woodruff
--My First Mission by George Q. Cannon
--Not Without My Daughter by Betty Mahmoody
--Hong Kong Holiday by Emily Hahn
--Mahatma Gandi's autobiography (can't remember the name)
--The Bone Setter's Daughter by Amy Tan
--Black like me by John Howard Griffin
--Night by Eli Wiesel
--Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! (Adventures of a Curious Character) by Richard P. Feynman
--Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beacher Stowe
--The Good Earth by Pearl Buck
--The Interpretation of Dreams by Sigmund Freud
--The Ugly American William J. Lederer
--Roots by Alex Haley
--There's a Boy in Here Judy Barron and Sean Barron
--Ender's game by Orson Scott Card
--Holes by Louis Sachar
--K Pax by Gene Brewer
--Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

I"m currently reading several books, one of which is Ahab's Wife by Sena J. Naslund.

No comments: