Saturday, March 20, 2010

Facebook

A couple of years ago I signed up for facebook. I didn't really get what it was all about at first, and didn't like it. But then I started to understand, so started using it regularly. I still much prefer blogging, but facebook does keep you connected.
Today I read that someone had joined a group called, "I'm Quitting Facebook Once We have to Pay $14.99/month on July 9, 2010". I wondered if this was true, so I did a Google search and found that it is false. I'm sure glad because I won't be paying money to have a facebook...I don't like it that much. But I'm glad they are keeping it free!

1 comment:

Mediocre Renaissance Man said...

I've read that the Facebook administration intends to keep all of its basic services free forever, but those kinds of groups and rumors whirl around Facebook from time to time. You can ignore all of them.

The only thing Facebook may charge for in the future are still non-existent "Premium" content - additional features that you might have to pay a monthly or yearly fee to access. Since you don't have them now, you won't need them then. Plus, Facebook will never initiate such a feature until these kinds of paid, "premium" content upgrades are more common on the web.

Here is one example of an article that I've read with this information in it. Again, it's all still speculative anyhow!

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/techbeat/archives/2009/04/does_facebooks.html