Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Vlogging

I kind of went through a burn out period with blogging.  I think it became more of a chore than a pleasur e.  I had been part of a consortium, and had to write about a particular topic each week.  (eek!  It's thundering outside!  I hope it turns to snow in the mountains.  We REALLY need more snowpack.  I'm praying for that.)  Anyway, I think blogging became a series of assignments instead of a brain dump.  I prefer the brain dump. 

Lately I've been watching different youtube channels.  It's made me want to try my hand at it.  I'm not doing this to earn money, and frankly don't think I would ever get tons of viewers anyway.  But I have so much that I would like to record, and I have a lot of different ideas for vlogs.  I don't know the difference between a vlog...where you kind of carry the camera around all day...and the other kind of video where you record how to do something.  What do you call that?  Anyway, I might have a little of both, but I won't be the type to record my entire life.  That would be the most boring channel on youtube.  ;) 

Anyway, I did start the channel, and I named it "A Piece of My Mind". https://youtu.be/5im10Sq7_F0
I tried to do a youtube search to find it but didn't really see it.  So I guess I need to look more carefully at how it is named. 

The one thing I still need to learn how to do is edit my videos.  I have one I just finished on how to make paper beads.  But it's way too long and there are a lot of things I need to edit out anyway.  I added a couple of videos that I have posted on here before.  Anyway, we will see how this goes.  Check it out!  Subscribe if you are interested in seeing what else I post.

No comments: