So we are already in the planning stages for leaving China. It's a very complicated decision, with many factors to consider. Here are some of the things we need to think about:
--Our city has recently become very dangerous, and was listed in the top 8 most dangerous cities to live. (based on homicides per capita) This is a phenomenon that has only happened since the housing market crash. We really don't want to go back there, but we do own a house there.
--Our house is currently being rented, but because of their bad payment record, we no longer have a yearly contract with them. They are on a month to month rental agreement. So we could go back to our same house.
--Before we left for China, my son and his friends started to get in trouble. If we go back to our same city, he will be going back to the same friends.
--My husband's company has a factory in Reno, Nevada, and we could move there. He would have a much shorter commute, and would be able to work from home when he wanted.
--Because of the nature of my husband's work, and because he has been working away from the company for 1 1/2 years now, he could probably move anywhere, and the company would be okay with it.
--We could also move to another city within California, closer to his office. But the problem is that most locations that are closer to his office are about double the price for housing.
--Our son needs to make up some classes. If we moved to Utah, we could go somewhere that has a 3 year high school, eliminating the need for some classes.
--If we move now, we will not have to pay the extremely expensive tuition for my son's international school here in China. But we will also miss out on several months of expat compensated salary.
--We could wait until summer to move, giving my son the time to finish out another semester here, and finish out some of the Candian curriculum.
One time I read that in Chinese medicine they say that if you have a weakness in your gall bladder, then you have a hard time making decisions. I had my gall bladder removed, so does that give me permission to have a hard time making the decision about this move? lol I think if there weren't so many factors I could make this decision more easily. So much to consider......