I have a confession. I hate to admit this, but I'm one of those wives who relies on her husband to take care of things. I especially tend to do this here in China. I think the reason I rely on him so much is that he doesn't seem ruffled by things, but I feel really nervous about doing them. If something needs fixing, I rely on him to get a repairman, or fix it himself. I guess I'm not this way 100%, but in many ways I am. But this week it was my turn to take charge.
My husband is currently on a business trip to India, so hasn't been here to take care of things for me. I've had to do it myself. It's been a little stressful, but all in all, things have gone well. But here is a run down of my week:
1: Telephone quit working
2: I went in to pay money to the account so that the telephone would work
3: Telephone still didn't work, so I went in to the office to talk to them. They told me to call a repairman.
4. Called the repairman. He said that I should power down the phone, wait five minutes, then power it up again and see if that fixed the problem.
5. Powered down the phone, but in the process lost the internet too.
6. Called the repairman again. He said that before I could get it fixed, I had to go in to the office to pay a fee.
7. Went to the office and paid the fee. Repairman was called, but said he couldn't come til tomorrow. In the end, he did come today, but was only able to fix the internet. The phone must wait until tomorrow.
8. Some friends who were teachers here, but returned to America are waiting their last paycheck. I went in to check their account and see if it had come. It hadn't.
9. Called the school to get them to make sure the money gets deposited.
10. School called me back, and said the money was in the bank.
11. Went to the bank to check on the account. The money was still not in the bank.
12. Called the school again. They are getting things taken care of.
So now you get a clue as to how I'm taking my turn at taking care of business. But when do I get my turn of not feeling stressed about it?! :)
Check out how the other consortium members treated the subject "turn".
Rummuser, Anu, Ashkok, Gaelikka, Grannymar, , Padmum, Magpie11, andAkanksha,Will Knot, Maria the Silver Fox, Anki, Nema Noor Paul Plain Joe, and Rohit, Black watertown, The Old Fossil, our newest member MAXI! and last, but not least SHACKMAN! :)