Monday, December 03, 2012

Wuhan and China Life


Just a few pictures to show you our city.  I am living in Wuhan, Hubei, China.  People here tell me that there are more students here than any other city in the world.  I think I believe them.  There are SO many young people here!  This first picture is of a local shopping area.  It is named "Optics Valley", which is a spin off of "Silicon Valley".  This picture is of a big shopping area in Optics valley.  




This next picture is of the same shopping area at night.  It is really lit up and is a lively place at night.



This last picture is one I took back in September.  It's at a school that Looney mentioned to me.  It's close to the shopping center above, and not far from where we live.  If you enlarge it, you can see a statue of Mao in the background.  The school is celebrating their anniversary.  (I forgot how many years.  If you enlarge this you might be able to see).



1 comment:

Grannymar said...

60th Anniversary for that school. It is nice to see where you are based.