Thursday, September 27, 2012

The House of Requirement

If you have read Harry Potter, you will know all about the "room of requirement". If you have not read Harry Potter, I suggest you go out TODAY and get it to read! In the story, there is a room that, once you find it, will give you whatever you need at the moment. For example, one of the characters needed a restroom at one time, and that's what the room became for him. Sometimes I feel like I live in a "House of requirement".

The people who own this home lived here for 5 years. They recently returned to their home in Taiwan, and left behind many of the things that they couldn't afford to ship home. So for us, this house came fully equipped. It came with sheets, towels, dishes, etc. They even left 3 big screen televisions, and a whole set of DVD's. I am constantly amazed at the gifts this house holds.

Not long back we needed some tape and scissors. Found them in a drawer. Then we needed cleaning supplies, so we went and bought some, only to find out that there were some tucked away under the sink. Yesterday I needed some white thread, and found some in the closet, along with a needle. Then I needed black thread, and found it also. I'm wondering if I should decide that I need a million dollars....

7 comments:

Rummuser said...

Worth a try!

Rummuser said...

On reflection, what would you do if you found it?

Maxi said...

This is incredible, D. Think I'll build a requirement room, get Harry to sprinkle some magic dust around.
Blessings ~ Maxi

Amber said...

that is so convenient! and what a blessing to be able to find the things you need without having to go out shopping for them (which i'm sure is harder to do in China!). Do you walk through your apartment three times thinking of what you need before you find it? ;> j/k

Grannymar said...

When I married I moved into a ready made home and thirty five years later, I still have spools of thread that I have not used and handy little gadgets that I found in cupboards.

Nene said...

I left several things in our home in Ireland: dirty clothes hamper, a really nice stainless steel step-on trash can, towel set, even an actual free-standing clothes closet. Reading your blog makes me wish I had left more. I guess I never thought of leaving things in the drawers just so I wouldn't have to ship it home.

Max Coutinho said...

LOL LOL

Hi D,

You were blessed. About the million dollars: search the house, girl (you may find them) lol ;).

I loved this post; it was cute.

Cheers