Saturday, January 28, 2012

Baby Talk

I found this video the other day and was amazed by what this woman has discovered about infant communication. I very interested in her theories, so I listened very carefully to her explanations about how babies communicate with us. If you watch this, in particular pay attention to the "whys" of the babies' sounds.
Yesterday I was at the store, and I heard a baby start to fuss. I remembered this video, so I began to listen to see if I could identify what the baby was trying to communicate. Then suddenly I heard the "neh" as clear as day! I think this is amazing information, especially for parents of babies. (or in my case, future grandparents. :)

5 comments:

vaxhacker said...

Fascinating.

Grannymar said...

Very interesting and worth watching.

Rummuser said...

There is a popular book on this subject that I once gifted to an expectant mother who continues to thank me for that, even now after over a decade!

http://www.amazon.com/How-Babies-Talk-Mystery-Language/dp/0525944559

Joanne said...

How interesting! It should help prevent stress in both parents and babies, thus leading to better outcomes emotionally and physically as the babies mature.

Maria from 'gaelikaa's diary' said...

I was very tuned in to my babies when they were little. My bond with them was very strong