Thursday, August 25, 2011

Are You a Counter?

Lately I've noticed that I have a little subconscious habit; I count. There are some times that I really do need to count, like when I'm cooking, and need to count how many cups of water or flour I have dipped. But lately I've been finding myself counting even when I don't need to.

Today I was filling my small spice jars with baking powder and baking soda, when I found myself counting each spoonful. Then as I was taking muffins out of the pan, I found myself counting each one. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think this is OCD. Most of the time I'm not fully aware that I'm doing it.

Please tell me that some of you are counters too. I don't want to feel like the oddball. :)

3 comments:

Grannymar said...

25, 26, 27.... Sorry, did you say something? I am casting on stitches... but knitting and trying to comment at the same time, is not to be encouraged! We had no weighing scales in the kitchen when I was young so mammy taught me to measure by handfuls or spoonfuls. I counted them in, mixed, stirred or beat the mixture, and when baked into a cake counted the seconds it took to disappear from the plate!

Becky said...

I count things too, so you're not alone. However, what's more odd to me is that I "type" in my head - actually imagine the "qwerty" finger strokes as I carry on conversations with myself. Anyway, counting seems fairly tame!

Stick said...

I have found myself doing this on occasion too. As long as you don't HAVE to count, you're okay. :0)