Thursday, March 24, 2011

Communication Problems

Oddly enough, my communication barrier for the week happened on American soil! We took BART home from the airport. (Bay Area Rapid Transit) When we arrived at our stop, we took the elevator down to the main level. There were two black girls in the elevator keeping warm while they, I assumed, waited for a ride. One of them asked me where we had traveled from. I told her we had just come from China. She said, "China! What were you doing there?" I said, "Just playin' " She looked at me strangely and said, "Ya'll old people have a strange sense of humor. I thought you really did go to China." I said, "No, I didn't mean I was "playin' " you. We really did go to China. We went to play, to have fun!" LOL I still am not sure she believed me. lol

4 comments:

Nene said...

Glad you're home safe and sound! Looking forward to reading your posts about your adventures!

Rummuser said...

Now, that is a story to warm my cockles. I can relate to that as I find the words used by young people here too to mean different things to them than they do to me. Like, Cool, Sweat etc are just a few.

Becky said...

That is pretty humorous. I guess they're just not used to China as a vacation spot!

Inklings said...

I'm glad you're home and glad you got to go!