Monday, January 17, 2011

Begging Blooper

I was walking to my car in the Walmart parking lot the other day when a beggar approached me. He acted rushed and said, "Could you spare some money? I need some gas because I need to get to Oakland." I looked in my wallet and saw that I only had a twenty. I've told you in the past that I don't like to give to beggars anyway, because I don't trust them to use the money wisely. He could tell that I didn't have a single dollar bill, so he said, "Do you have a $10? I can give you change. Do you have a $20? I can give you change for that." And at this point I was thinking, "Oh yeah? Exactly how much change do you have?" But I gave him some coins just to get rid of him. Looking back, I really should have challenged him on that. That would have been fun. ;)


2 comments:

Ramana Rajgopaul said...

He has so much change and still pann handles? I would not have given him anything!

Marla said...

I rarely if ever give money. I will buy lunch, buy gas, buy a bus ticket but if they insist on cash, the answer is always no.