Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Inception

Recently my husband and daughter went to see the movie "Inception". My husband said it was one of the best movies he has ever seen. My daughter took my youngest to go see it. Then last night my husband went back with me. As I'm writing this, I can't remember anything bad in this movie; no sex scenes, no nudity.

I have kind of mixed feelings about the movie. First of all, it is definitely a "guy movie". Although I liked it too. But it is very action packed, and doesn't spend a lot of time on those pesky relationships. ;) I have to admit that I'm not quite used to that intense of action, and I was feeling a little stressed at times. But I'm a wimp. lol So the action was a little stressful for me.

Secondly, I think that some of it went over my head. lol I understood the basic plot, but after I got home, my daughter had an entirely different take on the ending. And that's all I'm going to say about that. :)

I will tell you a tiny bit about the plot so that if you go to see it, you won't come out feeling like my second son did; that you were entirely lost for the first 30 minutes. My husband prepped me, so I wasn't totally lost. The movie is about the ability to share dreams with other people, and actually manipulate their dreams. If you know that much, the first 30 minutes will make more sense. Otherwise you are going to be sitting there wondering how fast you can make it to the theater exit.

I have to say that the special effects were awesome. I kept wondering how they were able to film some of it. Pretty cool. I definitely recommend you go see this one. But I warn you that you will come out of there looking at the world with new eyes. :)

1 comment:

Nene said...

Babs and Stace-Ghost also saw this movie and thought it was awesome. They prepped us and told us to go see it, but we haven't yet.