Friday, May 14, 2010

House Painting














We decided it was finally time that we needed to paint our house. We hired our same workman to help. We went back and forth between two colors, but finally decided on this gray. Believe it or not, it actually has some brown in it, but you only see that when the sun is shining on it. In this picture it looks really blue, but it doesn't look like that in person. We have a regular cream colored trim, and we want to paint a reddish color on the door. I think the end result will be nice. My daughter hasn't been too thrilled with it. But I told my neighbor I think it's like when I got my dog. She hadn't been groomed in over a year, and she certainly didn't look like an Airedale. But I knew her potential. Once she was groomed, she looked like what she was supposed to look like. Same with our house. In the end it will look great, even if right now it looks a little rough. I have never liked the original color. You can see that color on the garage in this picture. I just never felt it went with the color of the bricks. But I lived with it for 14 years anyway. I'm glad to have a change, and my neighbors have all told me they like the way it's turning out. :) Yes, I know there is a spot they missed. They need to do that with a roller. They got most of the house done today, only a small section on the right side left to do. That's pretty amazing if you ask me!

7 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Don't let our boys see this post; we make THEM paint our house. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the next time it needs doing, it becomes a "you're home for Christmas so let's work" activity! I think the color looks great.

P.S. I guess I'm not awake yet; I removed my first post in order to fix some typos.

Dee Ice Hole said...

Nice looking paint job if you ask me

Inklings said...

I like it! Getting ready to sell? :0)

Inklings said...

And I found a quote for you - "You've got to go out on a limb sometimes because that's where the fruit is." Will Rogers

I think you can take the "fruit" part 2 ways. :0)

Amber said...

I really like it! I think it looks pretty and goes really well with the bricks, I can't wait to see the painted front door!

Nene said...

It looks nice!