Friday, May 21, 2010

Global Warming, or New Ice Age? You Pick

I heard recently that in addition to those who believe we are having a serious problem with global warming, there are now scientists who believe we are actually heading in to another ice age, that they believe could begin in as little as 4 years. Part of the evidence they cite for this is the fact that some glaciers are actually growing, as well as a growth in the Greenland "Ice Sheet".

I never jumped on the global warming band wagon, and I'm not jumping on this one either. Do I believe we will have shifts in temperature, and that things like this could happen? Yes, and I believe we are going to see an increase in natural disasters and weird weather patterns. But my explanation for these is that these are the last days, and these are things foretold by Prophets of old. The sad thing is that these events can be twisted for political gain and power.

I find comfort in this reassuring scripture that talks about the last days and the troubles we will experience: " And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened. " Matt. 24:22

No comments: