Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Senior Moments


I stopped at Walmart the other night on my way home. I just wanted to get one thing, but as I shopped, I thought of a couple of other things I needed to get. I got in line to pay for my things, and laid them on the conveyor belt. The woman in front of me had two Down syndrome children, and I was very interested to watch her interaction with them. I was also watching as the checker scanned her items. At one point, she scanned something, and I realized that I needed that item too! I immediately turned my cart around and told the two ladies behind me that I needed to leave the line and go get something else. I scurried away and went over to the drug and beauty section. I found what I wanted, and started making my way back to the registers when I realized I had left all of my things sitting on the conveyor belt! I hurried back and rushed up to the counter. I could see that my things were still on the belt, and the ladies behind me had gone ahead of me. Someone else was in line behind my things. I was embarrassed and said, "Wow, that was dumb to forget my things." The ladies said, "It's okay, we saved your place." I felt bad for the people behind me, and took my things to the end of the line. My biggest concern is that I seem to be having more senior moments that I care to admit!

5 comments:

Nene said...

It could be "Seminaryteacheritis"
This is a little-known malady that affects people who have to get up too stinking early and their brains are tired and overloaded with facts. ;0)

Inklings said...

I start forgetting things when I am under stress.

Amber said...

it could also be stress, a therapist once told my ex that stress makes you forget things - like bruises that you have no idea where you got them, etc.

Me said...

I sometimes have senior moments when making comments on blog posts. I read the blog post and start to make a comment and thenrealise I have forgotten the stuff I just read and have to read it again.

Thanks for that link to the LDS Biology prof by the way - very interesting indeed.

Ramana Rajgopaul said...

Welcome to the club!