Monday, March 15, 2010

Grooming Attempt 2

My neighbor and I groomed Sally today. It may not sound very difficult, but it took us about 2 1/2 hours! It's really a big job! Of course, that included a bath at the end. I'm exhausted lol. You can't believe how much hair I had on me. I made the mistake of wearing sweats. They were a hair magnet! Sally has been groomed only three times in the time I've owned her. (I know...I know...) The first time was done by PetSmart. It turned out okay, but they didn't really groom her like an airedale, but more like a shnauzer. We groomed her the second time, but really didn't take it short enough. This time we felt a little more comfortable with the clippers, so went for it and clipped her nice and short. We still aren't very good with the face, but I think it turned out okay. My neighbor ordered some thinning shears, which we will use to thin her cheek area as soon as we get them. I might go back and trim her ears shorter. But I feel pretty good about this grooming, and she feels softer, and smells better. :)


2 comments:

Nene said...

She looks really nice, ya'll did a good job! I saw a dog in Paris (on a leash) that looked just like Sally! She (or He) hadn't been groomed, and I can say that this picture makes her look a lot better!

Amber said...

you did a good job, she looks so cute! :D