Monday, July 06, 2009

4th of July

On Friday we met the family up at Deer Creek Reservoir. Most of the family went water skiing. I'm not a deep water person, so I didn't go. They were water skiing on the other side of the reservoir, so I didn't get pictures of that, but it was a beautiful place.

















Provo has one of the largest 4th of July celebrations in the nation. I was SHOCKED at how many people turned out for the parade! There were people camping out the night before to get good seats for the parade. Too bad it stormed on them in the night! My favorite part of the parade was the pipebands. They were awesome! I also was particularly tickled to see Elder Jeffrey R. Holland sitting in the VIP stands.

















This is my first attempt at taking pictures of fireworks. I was surprised it actually turned out! I should have taken more! Every year Provo puts on the "Stadium of Fire" and has celebrities come perform. This year the Jonas brothers came. Tickets are pricy, so we found a nice patch of grass on the BYU campus and watched from there.















My husband's Uncle bought a big package of fireworks for the kids to set off after the main fireworks show. It was like Christmas for my sons!

4 comments:

Nene said...

My husband used to take pictures of the fireworks every 4th of July. I remember several years he even set up his tripod. We have many many pictures of fireworks.
:0}

Inklings said...

Dr. Psycho took some here.

Amber said...

this looks like you had a great time!! :)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for coming out to Provo. It was a lot of fun to spend the 4th with family. I think the reunion went well and we had a great time.