Friday, March 13, 2009

Dream Interpretation

Inklings posted about her dreams. I had one the other night of which I can also tell you the origins. During the day, my son had told me that the voice of one of the girls at church irritates him. I'm not sure why he thinks it's irritating, it doesn't irritate me. There are plenty of other people whose voices I would have rated more irritating. But anyway, I guess I had that on my mind when I was sleeping. In addition, that same day I had the television on while I was cooking, and there was a show about child beauty pageants. One of the little girls was only 5, and having a hard time standing quietly in line. She was jabbering away, so the girl in front of her reached over and put her hand over her mouth. I guess that stuck in my head too.

I dreamed there was a little boy talking to me with a really, really irritating voice. Not only was it grating, it was LOUD! I reached over and put my hand over his mouth and told him it was irritating.

A few years back I started to read Freud's interpretation of dreams. I never did finish the book, but I read quite a bit of it. It's interesting to see how real life creeps its' way in to our imagination and makes stories in our dreams.

No comments: