Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Mentally breathing

All week I kept dreading this day. I have been so worried that nothing I want will pass the vote. I keep thinking how I will have to hide out in a dark depression for awhile to get over my losses. But actually, I woke up this morning and I have been in such a great mood! My neighbor and I went and walked the dogs and I told her how surprised I was that I was so happy. She told me she had felt exactly the same way. She and I are on opposite poles of the political spectrum, but she fears what I fear, that her votes won't be the winning ones. But she, like me, woke up happy and in a good mood. We both enjoyed the nice walk, the sunshine, and talked happily together. The dogs ran and played and there were no behavioral problems. I really think maybe what the man in the grocery store said is right. We are just glad that this day is finally here, and that no matter what the vote will be, this entire stressful process will be over in a matter of hours. I feel the clouds lifting. There may be political storms ahead, but it's better to deal with the devil we know than the one we don't know. I think I can mentally breathe again.

No comments: