Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Does This Fly With You? I Didn't Think So.....

A certain child of mine, who shall remain nameless, said something to me yesterday that might give you your chuckle for the day, or annoyance for the day depending on how close it hits to home.

I had asked him to do something, and he hadn't done it. I actually had asked him several times. When I got upset at him for not doing it, he said,.....are you ready for this? ......

"Why do you get mad at me for not listening to something I don't want to hear?"

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is proof that the brain doesn't mature until well in to our 20's. ;)

5 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I'm going to stop listening to things I don't want to hear ;-)

Dee Ice Hole said...

I have never heard anything I didn't want to hear---what's your point??

Delirious said...

maybe it's a guy thing? :P lol

Looney said...

My impression is that this answer proves that he has transformed into an "adult"! Or at least an adult per today's standards!

Given the inter-dependency of families, I am sure there are plenty of creative ways to respond.

Amber said...

this reminds me of something a friend said to me one time while she was watching me clean my bathroom, "You must just love to clean" and I said, "Actually, I don't, but in life sometimes you do things you don't like to do because they need to be done." tell him that. :P