Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

I'm not one of those people who would ever camp out the night before to get a good deal on Black Friday. I won't even get up at 6:00 to go shopping. I saw one deal I really wanted. It was fresh Dungeoness crabs for 99 cents a pound. But then I saw in fine print that only the first 20 customers would get that deal, and it was limited to 5 crabs a person. I didn't feel like fighting to be one of the 20, so I passed up that bargain.

I did finally go check out some of the sales about 11:00 this morning. I bought a few things, but didn't really see anything on sale that I wanted. Let me rephrase that. I didn't see anything I could afford. But I'm happy with what I got, and they were good deals.

I had to laugh as I was leaving Walmart. There in the parking lot was a man, obviously dragged along by his wife for the sales. He had a spray bottle in one hand, and a brush in the other and was cleaning the wheels on his car. I have to give him credit, at least he was making good use of his waiting time.

No comments: