Sunday, May 18, 2008

China Earthquake

I have been hearing news about the earthquake in China, but this article really brought home to me the severity of the aftermath. I just can't imagine what they are going to do with 4.8 million homeless people! And having lived in China, I keep thinking about the conditions they have to face being homeless. This is an astounding number to me. How can the Chinese government resolve this magnitude of homelessness? This is also a serious problem for the Chinese government because I'm sure that prospective Olympics spectators are concerned about the possibility of another earthquake happening while they are there to watch the games. I keep wondering if China will open up a little and allow more foreign help...maybe even churches? And I wonder, can the government see now, in this time of trial, how religion, and God could help their people with the mourning?

2 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

What a severe earthquake...

Just curious, does the Chinese government care when things like this happen? Or are they glad that it has put a dent in their overpopulation problem. Just wondering how they view life over there (the government, not the people).

Max Coutinho said...

Hey D!

Very good point and question: "can the government see now, in this time of trial, how religion, and God could help their people with the mourning?"...

I look at the present situation in China and the last thing on my mind are the Olympics...my concern goes to those millions of people suffering, those thousands of dead people (can you imagine what is like to die in such situation?)! May God help them!

The people suffer the consequences of its Gov. acts...and it is such a shame.

Cheers