Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ahhh Love!


Valentine's day came before I knew it, but it was nice. :) My husband has this unique gift to be able to pick out the perfect card. He is much like me in that he doesn't like sappy verses either. In fact, I usually don't like any of the Mother's Day or Father's Day cards they sell either. But my husband picks out cards that are very unusual, and always just right. He doesn't necessarily shop in the right section though. The Valentine card he gave me this year came from the blank card section. It had a black and white photo of a little girl trying to move a huge boulder. She is leaning with her hands against it. In side, P. wrote, "Thanks for supporting me".

Here are some things that I love about him:
--He is very intelligent, so we can have intelligent conversation. He is whole brained, so can discuss science or literature with the same amount of effort.
--He is very creative and has an eye for design. This makes life more interesting, even when he does little things like picking up an interesting salt and pepper set while on a business trip.
--He and I have similar values, we rarely disagree on what is the right thing to do.
-- He makes time to spend with each family member. Everyone enjoys that, and the fact that food is usually involved doesn't hurt. ;)
--He has a giving heart and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.
--He is funny and keeps me laughing.

Okay...I won't bore you more. :)

3 comments:

Nene said...

So are you writing this in your "husband" journal? Or are you just using your blog for that?

GoodyMom1 said...

you're very blessed.

Amber said...

i love when you write about how much you guys love each other - it is a good reminder to me of how to judge the guys I date :)