Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's About Time

I went in for my regular gynecological exam today. Normally I wouldn't be too excited about that, but in this case, it was a blessing. I have had health problems off and on for about 2 months now, and despite numerous tests, nothing could be found wrong. I took another test about a week ago, but my doctor must not have looked at the results, because it showed that I have a strep infection. He still has not contacted me about it, but the doctor I saw today prescribed pennicyllin for me. I'm soooooo glad to finally get adequate care! The health care system I am a member of is usually okay, but we often say to ourselves that with this provider you have to be your own physician....meaning, you have to push for the care you need, and suggest what you think might be your problem. I know this doctor specializes in women's health, but I asked her every question in the book, and got the answers I needed about the health problems I've been having.
One more happy thing:
I have been anemic for some time, but my blood test shows that the iron supplements I have been taking have done the trick and my blood is in good shape now. Curing everything one thing at a time. :)

No comments: