Sunday, October 07, 2007

Ain't Love Grand?

Okay, now for one of the true mysteries of life. I was thinking last night about how I love my husband. I was trying to decide just what it is about him that makes me love him. I had a sort of mental discussion with myself that went something like this:
--I could say that I love him because he is a great person. But that can't be the reason because I know alot of great people and I don't love them.
--I could say it is because we are sexually attracted to each other. But no, even though that is true, that isn't why I love him, that's just a benefit. :)
--He does nice things for me, but that isn't why I love him either.
--I could say that the years we have spent together are what has bonded us to each other. Although that is true, I loved him before I had spent those years with him.
--I could say that I love him for his looks, but I have never been a person who focused on looks.
--We have similar goals and values. But frankly, even if he didn't have those goals and values, I would still love him.

I don't really know the answer, except to say that there is something in our brains and hearts that connects. We are compatible in ways I can't quite comprehend. As I look in the mirror and see myself aging and losing some of that youthful appeal, it's nice to know that we love each other in a way that isn't defined by looks, or goals, or years, or gifts.



2 comments:

GoodyMom1 said...

you're very blessed to have that.

Othersideblue said...

been away from blog world for sometimes cause of domestic problems am back now hi! :)

Here you are reminding me of Eve diary of Mark Twain ..wow.. you are are a great thinker and a very good writer ..i dont say it to please ..i realy mean it.

Would you like to read if you havent already:

http://www.gutenberg.net/8/5/2/8525/